Thursday 19 August 2010

A week to go

So, this time next week I'll be in Brighton - ready for my new job, a new town and fresh experiences. It's funny because since I've been visiting Brighton regularly (past 2 years) I've dreamt about being able to live there, so when I was offered a new job in the centre of town, there was no question of whether I'd take it or not.

Brighton seems to have all the advantages a town could have - culture, beach, music scene, good food, boutiques, cosmopolitan feel - whilst only being an hour away from home (London). Everyone I've met so far seem to love the quality of life it brings. 

I've lived in many different places, from small towns (Linares) to cosmopolitan cities (Paris); from the mountains (St.Gervais) to the sea (Cannes). I know there are pros and cons to each and every place, and I am sure to find out soon how Brighton compares. It's one thing visiting a town for a day or two, but it's completely different when faced with the people/atmosphere/culture every day.

For now, I think it's a great opportunity to start blogging and share some experiences of the London to Brighton move. I'm writing for people who might be considering the move; for those who have made the move; to update those at home on how it is ... and perhaps to entice potential visitors....

No comments:

Post a Comment