Sunday 19 December 2010

First Brighton Gig - From Plan to Progress





I'm not going to be one of those bloggers who starts their post with an apology for not having posted anything for so long. There's no need to apologise, 1) I have been in London and Berlin so writing a Brighton blog would have been slightly fictitious (and everything in this blog is the truth ya know!) 2) Unfortunately I don't think anyone has been sat by their computer waiting for the next installment anyway 3) Absence makes the heart grow fonder, no?

Netty's boyfriend is in a band called 'From Plan to Progress' so we went along to watch them play and have our first night out too. We spent ages warming up, drinking bubbly stuff, doing our make up and getting all glam. By the time we left the house we were having such a laugh already that the momentum needed for a great night ahead was set in place.

However, as the taxi drew closer to the venue my heart sank. It was THE pub. (About a year ago I'd had a flat tyre in a Brighton side street, went into my meeting anyway and came back to a parking ticket. Being stranded in Brighton with no phone battery a fine and no transport was pretty stressful so I'd gone into the nearest bar to get some help and found the dingiest dive I had ever been into. Not having straggly hair, loads of tattoos and freaky piercings I'd felt a bit out of place and hadn't been made to feel any better by the greeting at the bar. I made it out alive and home in one piece, vowing never to go there again.)

Funnily enough though, as we walked in and met the band members and other people who Netty knew it just seemed like a cool place to be. The bands were excellent and it was fun being with the girls. So, either we were REALLY drunk or maybe I've become less judgmental in my old age.

We'd been told that the band sounded like Green Day on speed, not really my kind of thing at all - but they were so involved in the music and put on such a great rock star-esque performance that I would even come away calling myself a fan, ooo - er!

So, if you fancy a listen you can find them on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/fromplantoprogress

By the way the photos were taken with an excellent iphone app called hipstamatic. The revival of the analogue toy cameras is really exciting - and to be able to recreate the images with a £1.99 app just makes me brim with joy at the wonders of modern technology.

I'm spending Christmas in Brighton so hope to have some more stories for you soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment